The NT Government Gazette has notified that the new Environment Protection Act 2019 will commence on 28 June 2020. Watch out for a community webinar with EDO lawyers coming up.
Implementation of Environment Protection Act 2019
The NT EPA is preparing to implement the Environment Protection Act 2019 and is developing a series of guidance documents.
Public comment closes on 31 May 2020:
- EIA guidance for proponents – Referring a significant variation to the NT EPA
- EIA guidance for stakeholders – Making a public submission during the impact assessment process
Public comment closes on 9 June 2020:
- Guidance for preparing and Environmental Impact Statement
- Guidance for preparing a Supplementary Environmental Report
Public comment closes on 30 June 2020:
- Guidance for proponents – Stakeholder engagement and consultation
Return to the main Have Your Say page >>