EDO has advised and written extensively on environmental, natural resource management and planning laws, development assessment and approval processes at the national level and in each jurisdiction. This submission addresses five areas:
- Address key findings of the five-year review of Strategy implementation
- Adopt SMART targets (Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely) that reflect high priority environmental goals, gaps and challenges
- Address key findings of the State of the Environment Report 2016
- Comments on Draft Revision: Vision, Goals, Objectives, ‘Action inventory’.
- An effective biodiversity strategy needs stronger environmental laws.