Supplementary submission to the inquiry into Australia’s extinction crisis being undertaken by the Commonwealth Senate Environment and Communications References Committee.
This supplementary submission provides additional and updated information to our earlier report including:
- the adequacy of existing funding streams for implementing threatened species recovery plans and preventing threatened fauna loss in general;
- final report of the Independent Review of the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act 1999 (the Samuel Review); the Australia State of the Environment 2021 report;
- and any related matters, specifically:
- Impacts of the 2019-2020 bushfires;
- Australian National Audit Office report 2022;
- Proposed new Commonwealth biodiversity certificates scheme; and
- Additional recommendations for strengthening protections for Australia’s fauna and flora.