The environment's legal team - protecting the public interest
We have moved
The EDO now has a new home at Flinders University City Campus, level 1, 182 Victoria Square, Adelaide.
Our new phone number is 8359 2222
All other contact details remain the same.
ANEDO responds to claims that EDOs are involved in illegal activism
The Australian Network of Environmental Defender’s Offices (ANEDO) said recent suggestions by a Federal Liberal member of parliament that the network was involved in ‘illegal activism’, and therefore should have its tax deductible charity status removed, were ridiculous.
"EDOs have a proud history of supporting the community and protecting the environment through legitimate legal means," said EDO NSW Principal Solicitor Sue Higginson.
Read more at http://www.edo.org.au/
All Federal funding to EDOs has been cut to zero
In spite of this setback, EDO SA fights on and continues to help the SA community protect our environment. Thanks to recent generous support from the Law Foundation of SA, Flinders University and the community, EDO SA is now able to remain open beyond 30th June. EDO SA is here to stay and here to help you and your local community protect our environment for this generation and future generations. It’s challenging and it’s tough – but it is worth it and we can do it.
For 22 years we have been a strong voice for the community, providing affordable expert legal services. To continue, we need your ongoing support today. Your gift will ensure that we can help the next community that faces a legal battle to protect our environment.
Your donation will help us to continue to defend our magical South Australian environment against unsustainable development and exploitation. Thank you for your valuable contribution.
Three things you can do to help us today - please:
Click to DONATE online at our GiveNow page to allow us to continue our vital services;
SPREAD THE WORD through your networks, share our Facebook page, get in touch with your local media; and,
Read our latest newsletter
- Link to Radio Adelaide interview 03/03/14
EDO is a community legal centre specialising in public interest environmental law.
Our Mission is to empower the community to protect the environment through law. The information contained on this website is provided to educate and inform the community. Guidelines for assistance
Other News and Events
Seminar 26 September 2013: Towards a Sustainable Planning System
Presentations by: Rob Fowler, Adjunct Professor, UniSA, Mark Parnell, SA Greens MLC, Paul Leadbeter, Senior Lecturer, University of Adelaide, Matthew Loader, Planning Improvement Project, Kathryn Walker, Partner, Lynch Meyer, Wil Van Deur, Lecturer, UniSA School of Natural and Built Environs and Melissa Ballantyne, Solicitor, Environmental Defenders Office.
No. 15 of 2014, 12th August 2014
IN THIS BULLETIN:
NEWS AND EVENTS
- Kangaroo Island Golf Course Resort - assessment level decided
NOTICES AND INQUIRIES
- SA Planning Review – ‘Our Ideas for Reform’ report released
- Victoria Park - Proposed Development
- DMITRE mining proposals open for public comment
- EPA Public Register of applications for new environmental authorisations
- EPBC Act referral – Central Eyre Iron Project
- EPBC Act decision – Peculiar Knob iron ore mine expansion approved
- Consultation on 84 toxic chemicals of security concern
PREVIOUS NOTICES: REMINDERS
RECENT EDO(SA) SUBMISSIONS
- EDO(SA) fights on!
- EDO in the Courts - PAREPG
- Inquiry into Environmental Offsets
- Update on the Planning Review
- Community Access to Information
- ANEDO One-Stop-Shop Submission
- Tme to Defend the Defenders
- Planning Review
- A "Great" Artesian Basin?
- ANEDO FOI request
- EPBC Act Draft Bilateral Agreement
- EDO represents PARAPG in court
- Fracking and Unconventional Gas
- The Passing of Joseph L Sax
- New NOPSEMA regulations
- Ministerial Accountability
- Ecocide and Polly Higgins
- Climate change
- Species loss
- EDO in the media
- Promoting Urban Infill
- Planning Improvement Project
- EDO Planning Seminar
- SA Development Act - a short history
- Welcome to new Chairperson
- EDO rural visits
- AGM notice