The Environmental Defenders Office has made a submission on the following environmental impact assessment (EIA) guidance documents that will support the implementation of the Environment Protection Act 2019 (NT) (Act) and Environment Protection Regulations 2020 (NT) (Regulations):
- Referring a significant variation to the NT EPA (Variation Referral Guidance);
- Making a public submission during the impact assessment process (Submissions Guidance).
In this submission we remain focused on ensuring the guidance materials for the Act are:
• consistent with its requirements;
• appropriate to support its robust administration; and
• in alignment with the intended outcomes of the reform process, which has seen the fundamental overhaul of the framework for EIA and approval in the Northern Territory.